Monday, September 1, 2008

My two new best friends


Most people view them as an ordinary household item, some even might not have these things available at their homes.

To me, petroleum jelly and the ice pack are two of the most useful items to the modern-day gym rat. From muscle sores, belt burns, swollen shoulders, painful knees, and to little cuts and bruises one may get at the gym, these two are never fail to save the day.

I recently scraped myself at the gym while training for the competition, it was hard to control the bar behind me because the weight was heavy. Unfortunately, I kept on hitting my shoulders to the bar, and I ended up with swollen and scraped shoulders. But that's somewhat normal to me now. I got used to it.

As soon as I got home, I did my usual routine after training. I iced shoulders, and applied petroleum jelly to the parts that were red. I did won't post a picture anymore, it would only mess with your eyes.

Imagine a cherry tomato, and put it at the ends of your collarbone. That's how my shoulders look right after training. They've improved a bit and the redness has been reduced to the color of a pink salmon.

They're still swollen though. But at least my two best friends helped out in reducing the pain.

No comments: